The visually expressing physical and digital environments assignment is about experiencing, exploring, and documenting online, physical, and hybrid environments. This year we focus on the Carnegie museums. http://www.carnegiemuseums.org/ Students rapidly explore digital and physical environments to learn the methods and familiarize themselves with key environments issues. week 1 – 3
The sketching interactions in environments assignment is about sketching and prototyping interactions in a range of environments (i.e., online, physical, hybrid). week 4 – 5
Students investigate ways to communicate the interaction flow of an environment through playing and sketching experiences with prototyping tools in space. We expect students to demonstrate various design iterations by conducting series of spatial experiments, which include methods of hacking and making. Students will investigate ways to hack existing products such as IFTTT, Phillips Hue and be introduced to design tools related to prototyping space.
The prototyping a futures oriented design studio as a learning environment in the IDEATE spaces in Hunt Lybrary. Students will explore what the design studio learning environment of the future might be. Students will explore the online, physical, and hybrid learning environments scenarios. week 5 – 8.
Project Deliverables for all assignments:
(1) 200×200 pixel thumbnail for project with 35 word description (e.g., one sentence).
(2) Link to process work. Documented real in-progress process (not process fictions). Document and reflect on your design process as you work.
(3) Self-reflection questions at end of assignment.
(4) Submit final files to Box folder.
(5) Intranet submission: All projects are required to be uploaded to the CMU Design intranet, complete with imagery, descriptions, and links as appropriate. This is a requirement for all projects, so make sure you know how to log in, have the correct password, etc.